Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trip to Taiwan,

I'm gonna type down what happen during my 7 days to Taiwan now. ^ ^ (I'll try to upload some photos soon kay?)

Day 1. (17 dec 2009)
Flew on an airplane to Taiwan. Was missing Boyf like fcuk during that time! The flight was around noon and we reached Taiwan at 5pm. The sky was practically dark. Imagine the darkness at 5pm! Wow, if we were in Singapore, after my cca, I'd been walking home in darkness! So, we didn't do much on the first day because we arrived quite late. We were warmly welcomed by our tour guide, and we went up the tour bus, proceeding to a restaurant for our dinner. The dinner sucked, really. Except for a fruit which none of us knows what it was. It was green, sour and sweet. After our dinner, around 6.30pm, we went back to our hotel to rest. It just felt like 10pm because of my tiredness and the darkness! Thus, nothing much on the first day. But we were freezing to death because all we brought was thin clothing and jackets. The temperature was 12. ^^ Shiok ah! Haha. We stayed at Yaward hotel for the first day. Still not quite bad. Facilities, okay. But my parents, aunty, uncle and brother were one level lower then us. Haha. I share room with my cousin.

Day 2. (18 dec 2009)
Morning call at 6.30pm. However, I woke up at 2am, 3am and 4am respectively. Perhaps because I wasn't used to the place there yet. Haha, my cousin set her alarm clock at 545am. It was so noisy that obviously I woke up from it. Get ready everything and proceeded down for breakfast. After that, we went back to get our luggage to the tour bus. We went to take a ride on the bullet train and mrt to Chiang Kai Shek museum. The temperature was frigging cold. 9 degrees. :x The place was done up with a lot of flowers. They constructed a person (for I don't know what reason) but they haven't completed the head. Haha, the person is huge! I guess it's for display purposes. We walked a long way and up a huge flight of stairs before reaching a place where a huge statue is sitting on a chair. I guess he's some kind of big thing. Everyone is like taking pictures of him and there's two living guards standing beside the statue, not moving. Haha. The statue is one of a big deal right? ^^ Next, we proceeded to somewhere something like a night market but it doesn't sell clothes, just food. We bought some "muah chee" back for our relatives too. I forgotten if we had beef or pork noodles. But I love the noodles not the pork. Haha, after that, because we had limited time, my cousin and I rushed off to look at the things first. We each bought ourselves a bangle and the shopkeeper was kind to give us a lovely key chain since we bought two of the items. ^^ We were walking back to 7 eleven (our place we were supposed to gather and wait for the tour bus) when we saw my place which sells water bottle. It's shaped like a real baby bottle and it was really cute. We bought it! ^^ So, after that, we went back up on the tour bus and had a long trip before arriving at a place where we watched a cultural dance. Haha, it was nice though. ^^ We proceeded back to our hotel and had dinner downstairs the hotel's restaurant. There's also free internet cafe and I went online. Happy that I was able to talk to Best, but very sad because I couldn't talk to Boyf and also because I found out that things are not great for Best. Haha, a great day though it's mostly sight-seeing. ^^

Day 3. (19 dec 2009)
Same routine, woke up quite early again. We took a long bus ride and pause at approximately 7.35am to have a toilet break before proceeding to a place with a beautiful waterfall. It was said that the water there is the best natural mineral water. Because we had limited time, we ran up to a temple above the mountain. I was totally exhausted when I reached up, but was happy because I'd gotten a closer look at the waterfall. Haha, according to our tour guide, the tunnels and ways up to the temple were built by the olden people. They practically used bombs to explode the whole place. Those who planted the bomb of course had to sacrifice because they had to tick it off before the bomb can be exploded. So, lots of people died just for the roads. You can really see that it was man-made because of the uneven walls. Haha. After that, we went to a place which resembles very much of a chalet or a resort to have lunch. Quite nice la, but not as yummy as ones in Singapore. We went to a shopping center to walk around too and took some pictures with the statues. I think I bought my school shoes from there too. ^^ After that, we went to a place called love river to get a ride on the boat. However, when we went down of the bus, the weather was frigging cold till everyone cannot stand it. Adding oil to the fire, we had to queue in the cold for 1 hour plus before we can get a ride. Most of them disagreed but my brother wanted to ride, so this was their conversation.

Tour Guide: Anyone wants a ride? If everyone doesn't want, we'll cancel this one and move on to our next journey.
Brother: HUH. I want to ride...
(My family and I whispers: Oi.. You want to stand in the cold meh?)
Brother: Don't want.
(Just as the tour guide was deciding not to go, someone says, "Wo yao!". But we know that he was kidding. Haha.)

So, we went to have dinner and went to a night market (I forgot the name. :x). Haha, I bought a hair clip with leopard print on it for Best. My brother and I shared pop corns too. Haha, bought a very pretty shorts there @ NT360 I think. Haha. We soon went back to our hotel to rest. What a tiring yet great day! ^^ I'm beginning to love Taiwan on the 3rd day. Haha.

Day 4. (20 dec 2009)
Our day started off with us waking up, having breakfast and proceeding to the "85 building". Haha, breakfast in Taiwan was always funny. All because I would take all kinds of eggs they provide, be it hard boil eggs, scrambled eggs, sunny side up, etc etc. So, we went up all the way to the 85th level and it was fun because in the lift, you see all sorts of like "stars". You can also see the speed that the lift is moving at. When we reached up stairs, there were lots of pictures and things, so we took pictures with it. However, the scenery at the top of the building wasn't as great as I expected. The air was extremely polluted and I think we should be glad we're living in Singapore. The air isn't as polluted here. ^^ After that, we were on our way down in the lift and my cousin was suggesting that we take pictures of the "stars" in the lift. Haha, and the people in the lift joked, "let's take the lift up again then". So, we meet up at the Christmas tree there and proceeded to the Hakka village. I had real fun there! First, we were brought to try out the wulong tea I think. But I didn't. After that, we proceeded out to buy a candy floss which is so huge I could hug it like a pillow. My cousin and I took a picture with me hugging it! Lol, and the people there were looking at us. Lol. After that, we went out to try out the games. My aunty and uncles were like persuading me to play the hula hoop. Lol. So, I did. After that, we tried out a lot of traditional games that the olden people played. We saw people carrying the dragon and running around, and found it fun. So, my cousin, brother and I tried out, running around with the frigging heavy dragon. Haha. After that, we proceeded to Sun Moon lake. It's a lake which looks like a Sun and a Moon at both ends. Haha. Not much, but sight-seeing. After that, we went to Wen Wu temple. There was a guy who is dressed like the olden-days-woken-up-from-death-soldiers and earning a living from taking pictures with tourists. Haha, he was damn funny. My brother went to take a picture with him, then he started to high-five non-stop with my brother. Then, he think my brother's crazy, he put his hand on my brother's head and checked if he had fever. Lol. Next, we went to the Tai Chung Feng Jia Night Market. Bought quite a lot of things but couldn't remember what was it. Haha. We went to a wonderful place to have dinner. One of the best dinner in Taiwan. The place was done up very beautifully. Even the toilet! Haha, the whole place was practically made up of wood. Haha, like barbarians kind of place. After that, we went back to our oh-so-wonderful hotel. There's like the tatami, sauna, and a flat screen tv. What's better then that? Lol!

I'll continue again next time. Stay tune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home