Monday, March 29, 2010

Eng Compo Writing,

Well, this is the composition I'd written for the writing competition. Although I didn't win anything, but I just put it up for my memory. ^^ Enjoy & leave your opinions too okay?

“Sir?” she repeats. “Would you like to have a cup of hot chocolate to warm yourself?”

I flared up upon hearing the word “chocolate”. The waitress stared at me with eyes of astonishment and for a moment, I regretted my immediate act of folly. She responded instantly to my outburst and scurried away, still confused of what is happening. My life had never been the same ever since that incident which occurred just a few weeks back. I had been submerged in my own world, deep with thoughts and constantly in a daze subsequently.

“Will soft music do for now?” Damien suggested as he was browsing through the available CDs. “I would definitely prefer some pop songs to accommodate with the threatening bank of dark clouds outside.” Carl disagreed and started searching for his preference of songs. The three of us were in my second-hand car, on the way to Kent Road – our childhood usual hangouts. It had been long since we went back to reminisce the old days and thus, we agreed unhesitatingly on this ominous day.

Chatting like grandmothers in the market, we started to recall those wonderful days we spent together...

Damien, Carl and I had been the best of friends since the age of five. We first met at Chocolaty Delights just a stress across our homes. The store was tiny and squished between two other stores, both of which had been closed ever since the owners were hounded by loan sharks. From the side-walk, Chocolaty Delights looks like a posting board for cigarette and alcohol advertisements. Therefore, it was not very popular with kids. Inside, a wire rack holds all the best chocolates hung over the front of the counter. Then, we were young and immature. However, fate brought us together by allowing us to set our hands on the same bar of chocolate at the same time. We passed cheeky grins to one another like what any five years old would do.

Every weekend, we would spend a dollar on the chocolates and scramble down to the nearest playground to polish off the ambrosial chocolate. Often, we compete for the fastest finisher of the bar of chocolate. Usually, the winner would demand for another bar of chocolate. Without fail, Damien will always be the fastest among us and we named him the “big mouth” since. He collected the chocolates we gave him as rewards and stacked them up together like lego blocks for us to play as toys. Laughter never failed to arouse the liveliness of the playground whenever the three of us were there.

...“Come on! Let’s make a promise that we will never be apart!” Carl insisted as we were in high spirits, wriggling his fingers. He wanted us to “hook our pinkies” and make a pact denoting our life time friendship. Just as I was distracted by Carl’s sudden request, our car skied through the wet road and collided into a lorry due to my negligence. The wind screens were broken into smithereens and the car was overturned. I was the only one conscious after the accident. Frantically, I yelled for passer-bys to help to call for the ambulance. However, it was all too late. I caused the death of my two best friends.

Flash backs of the past rummaged through my mind. Not able to cope with my emotional feelings, I was close to a break down. How can anyone ever accept the deaths of two very close ones in just one day? Everything took place so abruptly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home